Class Rings Are Coming

Back to Article
Back to Article

Class Rings Are Coming

Tommy Tye poses with his class ring that he designed and ordered his junior year. Photo by SHoehn.

Sapana Pokhrel, Reporter

As he walks into class on his last first day of school, senior Tommy Tye has on his favorite accessory: his class ring.

“I think having a class ring is very important because it reflects who you were in high school,” Tye said. 

Juniors ordered class rings from Balfour two weeks ago. The prices were anywhere from $199+.

“I planned on getting a class ring this year, but the prices were so high that it just wasn’t worth it,” Ellie Tye said.

Senior Aaron Malone thinks otherwise.

“I recommend ordering a class ring your junior year because you only go through high school once in your life.” Malone said. “You need something to look back and be proud of, like a class ring.”

Balfour released a new Camouflage print in two colors, a new line of rings for women, and a special offer where juniors can receive a Kendra Scott necklace for a purchase over $250.

“The Kendra Scott offer doesn’t benefit me, but I can give it to my mom as a present which is really convenient,” Jaden Parker said.

Just like his last first day of school, Tommy Tye will perform his last musical, lead the marching band in their last performance as their drum major, and walk out of school for the last time with something to remember his last four years, his class ring.