pleasant grove high school newspaper, texarkana, tx

edge

Don’t be a Sheep

Yates Floyd

Flags burning, people bleeding, and belligerent chanting. It’s just another “peaceful” American protest. That’s what you do in America when you don’t get your way. Sit down in traffic with purple hair and cry injustice.

Sure, one of our constitutional rights is to peacefully assemble and protest, but nowhere in our legislation does it say that you can ravage our cities, block traffic, and litter our streets. I understand not being happy with the results of our election, I know I would’ve been furious had Hillary won, but it never would’ve crossed my mind to act like a lawless fool.

What annoys me the most about these petty “resistances” is that they are primarily made up of brainwashed high school and college students. Unfortunately, over the last decade, liberals have been reaching out into the school systems to influence kids our age with ideas of globalizing labor along with free medicine and education. This all sounds good, but when kids are spoon fed everything, they feel entitled to have their way.

The current of liberal corruption runs deep into our schools. Liberals can play into kids naivety because we grow up in a protected environment with no real world conflict. We never see the real world or take any classes about it, so the left’s agenda is to turn kids into liberal sheep. Sheep that never question what they are told and just listen to the mainstream liberals like they were just assigned homework.

The left’s homework for their sheep has been revealed in many forms over the last week. Whether it’s in the form of pink genital hats, blocking traffic, or bashing innocent businesses windows in, you’re a part of the liberal agenda. You’re a sheep.

I am about as confused as the protestors are. I am yet to hear an answer for why they are protesting. Every news reporter’s conversation ends with the “Why are you out here?” question.

However, there is a light at the end of the tunnel for our generation. These actions show how weak the liberal base really is. They are calling on the worthless class of society to push their movement through actors, comedians, and sports stars because they are the only people on the planet dumb enough to believe in their cause. (I’m sure the pay isn’t bad either.) Look at the people leading these idiotic protests. Whoopi Goldberg, a TV star her whole life who has no credibility other than identifying herself as a minority feminist. The not-so-incredible Hulk, Mark Ruffalo also has no credentials on his resume, except for holding up a rainbow flag (congrats dude). Ruffalo has become a pawn of the left who only advocates for gay supremacy and legalizing marijuana. Countless others like Miley Cyrus, Paris Hilton, and Amy Schumer are called on to do a politician’s job because people our age give them attention.

The base of the liberals’ corruption is nearing collapse and then all the sheep will be free from their pen. Then the world will settle down again because the brainwashed millennials will have to find their own way. Maybe then will they come to terms with reality and abandon the malpractices of the left.

My advice to you is listen to yourself, not your professors or your favorite celebrity. You need to be the one asking yourself these questions and thinking of solutions.  Don’t become a sheep of the left. Be you.