pleasant grove high school newspaper, texarkana, tx

edge

Announcements 4-25-17

Best Week Ever is this week!  Lunch today is trivia and games for door prizes.  In anticipation of stormy weather tomorrow, SPring Fling has been moved to Thursday.  Students will pick up lunch in the cafeteria and then come outside for lunch and games.  The annual Powder Puff game is Thursday at 6:00.  PG students and children are free, adult spectators are $5.

The Chick fil A leader academy will host Water Wars, a water field day, on Friday April 28 from 3:00 – 4:00 pm at Hawk Stadium.  Tickets will be available for $5 Friday during lunch.   Bring sunscreen and a towel!

If you are a member of Leadership or GT, see Mrs. Cook to pay for and pick up your graduation cord.  Cords are $10.  Please bring exact change.

National Honor Society scholarship applications are due to mrs. Lott Monday May 1 by 3:30.  New membership dues must be paid by Friday to Mrs. Lott.

The Hustling Hawks will row in the Texarkana dragon boat races on Saturday.  The team will row in three races throughout the day.  Come out to Bringle Lake and support the Hawks!

The Meagan Mauldin scholarship deadline is today.  Turn in completed applications to Mrs. Cook or Mrs. Smith.  Two scholarships will be awarded.

Seniors, make sure to check the PGISD website for available scholarships, or come by the counseling office for more info!

Interact Club members:  The picnic for the Opportunties Inc residents is today at 5:30.  Meet at the pavilion in bobby ferguson park on the Arkansas side.  Interact will meet Thursday during excel in room 608.

Any student interested in participating in the sports medicine program next year should pick up an application from Mrs. Scott.  Applications are due this Friday.

There will be a keyette meeting today during ExCEL.  Scholarship applications are due tomorrow to Mrs. Edmonds as well.

Today on the menu: tamales, nachos, or build a bowl taco salad, crackers, tossed salad, spanish rice, refried beans, fruit and milk.